Even if you’re simply doing your regular daily activities, there are still opportunities for common injuries and illnesses. If you have an illness or injury, it’s important to choose the right place for treatment. The right level of care can save you time and money and, in dire circumstances, could save your life.
When to Visit Urgent Care
Urgent care is the best place to go if you need medical care right away but aren’t in a life-threatening situation. Pardee Urgent Care can treat:
- Common cold
- Mild asthma symptoms
- Mild food poisoning, diarrhea, or vomiting
- Minor animal bites or insect stings
- Minor cuts or burns
- Muscle sprains or strains
- Simple bone fractures
- Sore throats
- Swimmer’s ear
- Urinary tract infections
When to Visit the Emergency Department
Visit the emergency department or call 9-1-1 for potentially life-threatening symptoms or injuries, such as:
- Chest pain
- Drowning incidents
- Drug or alcohol overdoses
- Head injuries that result in confusion or fainting
- Intense jaw or neck pain
- Obvious broken bones, especially if the bone has punctured the skin
- Profuse bleeding
- Serious burns or electric shock
- Severe food poisoning, abdominal pain, diarrhea or vomiting
- Significant allergic reactions
- Spine injury
- Sudden inability to walk, speak, move, or see
- Suicidal thoughts
- Trouble breathing
Where to Go
If you aren’t sure whether urgent care is right for your needs, call ahead and we can often advise on the right facility for you.
Click here to find a Pardee Urgent Care location near you.
Pardee’s emergency department is located at 800 N. Justice Street in Hendersonville, NC.